Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lip Tattoos, say Whaa?!

(Please ignore the white film... DARN YOU foundation with SPF!)

Temporary tattoos, who hasn't tried them as a child? I remember my mom buying them for me from the dollar store. I thought I was the coolest kid in town with a heart tattoo plastered on my arm. Would you believe there is actually temporary tattoos for your lips?! Interesting, yeah?

 
I saw these for the first time this past June at IMATS LA. I was tempted to buy it, but came to the conclusion that it wasn't very practical for me. Just recently I ran across it during an ULTA run, and figured it wouldn't hurt to do a review.

So here it is, my initial thoughts and review on the Violent Lips lip tattoos. They are $15 for 3 pairs of the same pattern. I chose the pink leopard print because it reminded me of my favorite childhood icon... Lisa Frank!


The process was pretty easy. You'll need some water, cotton balls, and scissors. Its basically the same steps to applying a regular temporary tattoo, except the only difference is shaping it to your lip shape. There are dotted lines to help with the shaping. Its simple and straight forward. Heres how the finished look turned out.

Immediately after applying lip tattoo

It felt awkward and uncomfortable. An hour in my lips felt painfully dry whenever I smiled or laughed. I applied lip balm which helped temporarily. The brand claims that the lip tattoos last from 4 to 6 hours. I believe this to be true as long as you're eating dry foods. I had soup for dinner and tattoo from my bottom lip was fading away. The moisture from my outer lips also contributed to the fading of the outer corners. I updated back 5 hours later and here is how my lips turned out.

5 hours after application
 Over all, I thought the product was good. Its unique and fun to try, but not something I would wear every weekend, or let alone every month. However, its ideal to wear at a Lady Gaga concert, if anything! Quality wise, its alight. I paid $15 for 3 lip tattoos. I wouldn't buy these again in the future, but I admit it is fun to say I've once had a lip tattoo!

 

17 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing! Pretty prints...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ive been seeing this in an online store and i wonder how it works~ yay i hope you would buy it in the future :) even though you said it already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that certainly is fun and "crazy" lol.. very lady gaga-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I agree on these not being so practical but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work at Ulta & we do sell these. everyone says they're crazy lol and my cowkrkers have tried it on and they look so funny lol but some do turn out nice. it's just too drying >_<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work at Ulta & we do sell these. everyone says they're crazy lol and my cowkrkers have tried it on and they look so funny lol but some do turn out nice. it's just too drying >_<

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are probably great for costume parties but they look kind of fake up close with the white backing

    ReplyDelete
  9. not diggin' this, regular lipstick is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, u really pull it off- it looks so cool on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it looked a bit weird. I mean the pink by it self would probably be fine but like you said in the video it looked like there was some sort of seed on your lip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. kawaii †.+゚*。:゚ლ(╹◡╹ლ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review, thanks!
    I'm defenitely gonna buy them. I've got to do photoshoots for school, so I'm gonna let my model wear these!
    I think they look lovely on you, but I can't come up with a situation where I'd wear them myself..

    PS.
    I've found them on this site for barely nothing:

    http://www.crazy-factory.com/product_listing_ng.php?cat_id=593#

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are really fucking ugly

    ReplyDelete
  15. This temporary lips tattoo looks pretty cool on you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...