Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Heatless Curls for Back to School... or Work!

 This was my go-to hair style when I was in Junior High and High School! I was never a morning person, and absolutely hated waking up early just to get ready! To save time, I used my mom's old school sponge rollers. This entire process takes me less than 10 minutes total! Five minutes of my evening and 3 minutes the next morning! 

 Remember these guys?!

Start off by applying curling mousse to clean hair. My hair is dry, but this would work well with slightly damp hair as well. 

 Next, take sections of hair and wrap your hair around the sponge. Unless you want tight curls, make sure you wrap the curls loosely! Because they're sponge, the rollers are comfortable to sleep in!

The next morning... BAM! Here's how the curls turned out!

 I always preferred loose curls. I tamed down the curl by using a flexible hold hairspray, then gently pulling my hair downwards. 

Here's the final look! I hope you enjoy and try this out yourself :D If you do, post a photo on my Facebook!

Watch the tutorial here!


9 comments:

  1. great tutorial a nice change from the straight look I gravitate to most of the time. Def need to t ry this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are nice curls!!! love them!

    <3 Val

    http://beautyval13.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing with those curls! And Ill def try these tonight!

    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    PS - FOLLOWED YA! Will be having a BIG GIVEAWAY soon! Do follow if you wanna be updated about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, you have to deffinately check out this girl in youtube: taliajoy18 http://angelsfortalia.com
    Her story is incredible and she does very good make ups and she is 13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tutorials especially make up tutorials because my dad is from myanmar and i have searched for a really long time for an youtuber with a little bit asian dark skin like me :)
    Where are you from ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on being pregnant. im pregnant too!! <3 How far along are you!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy! NYX came out with stay matte but not flat powder foundation. I use this as a setting powder for my color stay foundation. You might want to do a first impression on it! This combo stays all day long

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Judy
    I love all Your youtube video and even your blog. :) New follower !
    Keep up the good work looking foward to see what's new .

    Check mines out:
    follow, comment, share :)
    http://youngfashionist.wordpress.com/

    I haven't made any new post yet(Busy) but hopefully you can understand that.

    Please&Thank you. have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...